Here are several resources to introduce you to Carol’s thinking and work.
The Responsible Entrepreneur
The Responsible Entrepreneur: Four Game-Changing Archetypes for Founders, Leaders, and Impact Investors offers a blueprint for this new kind of business leadership, describing the means by which any entrepreneur can pursue a higher order of work. In it, Carol Sanford, one of the most trusted names in responsible business development, brings her vast expertise in helping executives and corporations to the entrepreneur looking to launch and scale a venture.
The Responsible Entrepreneur has been awarded:
- Winner: Best Business – Entrepreneurship Book Award from 800CEOREAD
- Winner: International Book award for Entrepreneurs and Small Business
- Winner: Best Business Book in Entrepreneurship & Small Business by Beverly Hills Book Awards
- 30 Best Business Books of 2014, Soundview Summaries
- Finalist in 2014 USA Best Book Awards in the “Business: Entrepreneurship & Small Business” category
When I founded Joie De Vivre, I wanted to change an industry. You do that by connecting to the lives of people who buy from you. As Carol says in The Responsible Entrepreneur, start with something big enough to change the industry that transforms people’s lives. Her stories and guidance make responsibility come alive. – Chip Conley, Author of NYT Best-Sellers EMOTIONAL EQUATIONS and PEAK; Head of Global Hospitality, Airbnb; Founder of Joie de Vivre Hospitality
ON SALE NOW FROM THESE RETAILERS
Podcasts on The Responsible Entrepreneur
- Carol Sanford’s podcast series, The Responsible Entrepreneur, features game-changing entrepreneurs and how they approach their businesses.
- The Responsible Capitalist, also by Carol Sanford, discusses impact investing with industry leaders and experts.
- For more podcasts with Carol, click here
The Responsible Business
The Responsible Business: Reimagining Sustainability and Success (published by Jossey-Bass) has won numerous awards including Best General Book by the International Book Awards, Top Fifteen Business Books by CNBC, CNBC’s Bullish on Books, and was in the Top Five General Business Books by 800CEOREAD, the largest distributor of business books in the world, and it was shortlisted for Best Business Book of the Year, out of 11,000 business books. It is required reading at Harvard Business School, Stanford Engineering and Management Science, and MIT Sloan, among others.
The Responsible Business in 2011 was:
- Winner, International Book Award, General Business
- Top 15 Business books, CNBC Books
- Top Five General Business, 800CEOREAD
In a serendipitous twist of events, I discovered and read The Responsible Business last year. To say that it rocked my world is an understatement. Who else these days treats organizations and their stakeholders with such deep caring, wholesome sophistication and such brilliant elegance?? I read a lot of business & organization development books, and I went through the Pepperdine MSOD program, yet I’m convinced that “The Responsible Business” is by far the most important book written on the subject in decades. (I recently posted my review on Amazon.) I’m glad that now when someone asks me to recommend a few management/OD books, I can wholeheartedly say — just read The Responsible Business. – Max Shkud, 10XShift